About the Organization
We are committed to providing quality, innovation and service to our customers around the world. Our dedication is proven with over a century of unsurpassed quality, superior product development and exceptional customer care world-wide. We are one of the top ten lubricant manufacturers globally.
Since our establishment, we have been practicing the concept of “respect for human beings” in the conduct of business, and has sought to meet the high expectations of society and to earn its trust.
In order to realize this ideal, we strive to do the following:
We provide great benefits including a wonderful medical/dental/vision program which is available on day one of employment, generous time off (vacation/personal/holiday), 401K with company match, ILA paid life insurance/AD&D/Short-term disability/long-term disability, along with many other great benefits!
Charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. Markets and develops products based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects. Possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. Spends time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
Essential Functions/Examples of Duties:
1) Identify and develop new sales opportunities and/or products based on market needs.
2) Manage the product line from strategic planning to tactical activities. Working closely with all divisions, supports the development of marketing strategy including; finding new markets for current products, developing new products to meet market needs, and setting strategies to improve profit margins.
3) Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and prospective customers.
4) Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
5) Analyzing potential partner relationships for products.
6) Cross Sell. Gain approvals and sell current products to additional ILA sales markets. (i.e. OEM to After Market, Passenger Car to Heavy Duty market, etc.).
7) Network with and grow industry contacts by consistently attending association meetings, joining technical committees, presenting papers to symposiums, industry meetings etc.
8) Conduct product training for Customers and ILA associates.
9) Gain OEM written approvals for IKC/ILA products.
10) Communicate information about new technologies, product developments, and industry requirements to customers and appropriate associates within ILA/IKC and IKC Affiliates.
11) Communicate customer information to appropriate coworkers within ILA/IKC and IKC following company policies and procedures.
12) Help to develop product specification sheets and marketing literature.
13) Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
The preceding functions are examples of the types of work performed by associates assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed
BS/BA. Technical Bachelor’s degree preferred (Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Marketing).
Must be able to research new markets and help develop new business strategies; work in both a team and independent environment.
Minimum of 4 years of appropriate lubricant and industry knowledge as well as sales experience. Experience in quenching oil, cutting oil, gas engine oil, and turbine oil will be beneficial.
Outstanding communication skills including presentations and public speaking.
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Dynamics CRM
Proven sales success
Travel required – 40 to 60%